Jurisdiction of registration You need to obtain a construction license for construction and installation work in the UAE to register a local company. You can use a special license offered by some special economic zones as an exception to the general rules to conduct business outside the UAE.
Local partner You need a local partner to obtain construction licenses and register a local company. According to the UAE law, this local partner owns at least 51% of the company's shares (the remaining 49% remains in the ownership of a foreign investor). The local partner is nominal, his rights are limited and he has no influence on your business.
State control All construction activities are monitored by the UAE Building Department. You need additional approvals from the Department of Road Facilities, the Department of Civil Protection and other departments to obtain individual license. It depends on the activity.
License categories Building licenses for the construction of buildings and structures are divided into categories according to the maximum permissible height of the construction, for example:
G+1 (Ground Floor + 1 floor) – construction of buildings up to 2 floors is allowed;
G+4 (Ground Floor + 4 floors) – construction of buildings up to 5 floors is allowed;
G+12 (Ground Floor + 12 floors) – construction of buildings up to 13 floors is allowed;
UL (unlimited) – there are no height restrictions.
Requirements to obtain a specific license category The higher is the license category, the harder to obtain it. It is caused by serious requirements of state bodies. State bodies impose requirements in the process of license obtaining: presence in the company of engineering and technical specialists accredited in the UAE, necessary number of construction workers and administrative staff. A businessperson also needs to confirm that the company has special construction equipment and trucks; he had to rent an office of a certain area; he had to prove the availability of fixed assets and provide a bank guarantee.
How to obtain a construction license of high category UAE legislation provides restrictions on issuing high category licenses to new construction companies. The license class is upgraded in stages when the company is conducting business, depending on the completed facilities and additional approvals in the Department of Construction. SORP Group experts offer turnkey solutions in such a situation to purchase an existing construction company with a license, and then you can obtain a higher class license fast.